• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ink jet print?

Started by G3User, December 03, 2018, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Hi all,
Been a bit slow with this one and I need some input. Most of the original text is red but the red ink seems to have spread while the print was wet so I am not sure. The "H" has green in what appears to be an undamaged area so I have gone with that.
The background probably needs a bit of random variation to look more realistic, I always see things as I go to post for comment :'(
Athol.

Jo Ann Snover

If I had to make a bet (which I don't, thankfully) I'd guess the text was originally black and that the red and green you're seeing is just because it's a rich black with both color and black inks used. I'd also guess that it's an engraved style (double strokes with white space between) in the thicker area rather than solid. Like this, but the letter design is different, obviously.

The only other thing I noticed was that the man's heel is green, rather than brown like the rest of his shoe.

If I had an idea of what color to suggest, I'd wonder if the yellow was originally something else, but I don't see any clues. It just seems a somewhat odd color combo (to me).
Jo Ann

Candice

I concur with Jo Ann on both counts: black lettering and with example. That may leave you painstakingly working each letter by hand.  Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Candice

G3User

Thanks Jo Ann and Candice.
I also wondered about the font but given how few pixels there are in the width of the letters and that the final print is only 4 x 6 I opted to spend some more time getting a better selection which included the lighter letter parts as per the original rather than trying to free hand things.
It helped to temporarily increase the resolution to 600dpi, I narrowed the blurred letters at the start and end and had to tidy up the links between a number of letters. Fixed the heel as well.
Just did a full size print which looks OK
Thoughts?
Athol

Shadow

Looking really good Athol. Sure like what you did with the text. You probably already saw this ... his shoe and the edge of his suit need a bit of attention. Maybe add back a little texture to the floor/carpet?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks everyone :up:

Maybe someone can explain why

1 You can always see something obviously wrong in the images you post for comment.
2 The best method for tackling an issue often comes to mind after the upload.

I have attended to the issues you mentioned Shadow. It dawned on me last night that there was an easy way to mimic the style of font Jo Ann suggested and I have done it on the capital H and D. Select the letter, contract the selection by a few pixels and lighten. Probably never need to do it again!

Athol