• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PhotoShelter/Lebris Down Nov 19

Started by Mhayes, November 19, 2018, 06:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

We will not be able to upload or download photos starting now and hopefully tomorrow morning will be up and running. At that time it will be /PhotoShelter/Lebris and as has been mentioned before there will be no comment section to request photos. Instead each of the galleries will have the distributors email address. Everything else should run as before. Fingers and toes crossed, may stay in bed tomorrow.  :P

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Go take a look at how the new system is set up - same link takes you to a nicely laid out new world. Very spiffy.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

PLEASE DO NOT LOG INTO PHOTOSHELTER/LEBRIS UNTIL TOMORROW NOV 20.

Here is the request I got from them this afternoon:
QuoteI would stop uploading, if it's possible to have them pause things for the time being. The engineer will be working on your account tonight and I don't want the files to be uploaded to the wrong location.

Just because everything looks great doesn't mean that behind the scenes they are working on switching everything over and that includes information that the rest of us behind the scenes see. I'm glad everything is looking good, put please be patient and wait until tomorrow to check things out. PhotoShelter has been very good to us and I would like us to honor their wishes.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Okay, Henny-Penny has stopped freaking out about the sky falling down--as in the Lebris site exploding--and tomorrow should turn out okay. If not, I'm going on early Thanksgiving vacation. Thanks for your patience.  :cool:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Well I'm still waffling between sane and Henny-Penny--things look great, but am trying to find some things that appear missing. I have added notices in each of the galleries of your distributor's gallery with their contact info.

Let me know if you have any problems. However, I will be gone for a couple of hours later this afternoon.  8)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

You must be on the mend, Margie, if you're getting out a bit! Woot! Woot!   :hug:

I see the "invite galleries" below galleries.  Do you know if that is where our pictures will come in?  Or will a link ties us to the picture we request.  Right now, I can open the invite gallerie, see my pictures, but they do not open for download.

I noticed that the way my last restore link came in from you, Margie, and it was different than the other past.  New format for that too?

Candice

Mhayes

Thanks, yes on the mend as this is the 1st time in about 3 weeks I have felt like getting out of the house.

I hate to say I'm a little clueless on this as well as I look at it through an adminstrator's view rather than what you are looking at. Are you able to go to the galleries and you should be able to see what's available. I think I understand your wanting to know if a link will tie you back to the picture you request. This should be the same as before, with the only exception being that you have to contact the distributor of that gallery for a request by email. Once that is done, your photo will come to you with an email link to your gallery and the photo you requested will be there. You will upload back the same as always. As to the link being different on your last one, that I didn't know.

Be back later.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

What we see when we open the galleries.

What I see when I open your gallery.

When I try past "invite" links, it will open the gallery, but the picture is no longer available for download. 

Your link presently is still active, but after today it will expire. 

Candice

Candice

P.S. I guess I've never paid attention if the the past links expired. Only once did I need to use a download link again and it was available to use.  In fact I've always kept my links in a folder in email in case of an oops....   Guess I can clean that folder out now!   :)
Candice

Mhayes

Candy, I've been using what is called a "Quick Send" and it does expire within a certain time. I think there are other ways you can go to your personal gallery if you should need to download after that, or just let me know what you need.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

You should be able to see the download button as you click on each photo.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

I just got in from seeing my son, Tess.  Before coming here I found out where it was downloaded.  You should be getting an email that I did.  Thanks!
Candice

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on November 20, 2018, 05:57:38 PM
Candy, I've been using what is called a "Quick Send" and it does expire within a certain time. I think there are other ways you can go to your personal gallery if you should need to download after that, or just let me know what you need.

By using the download symbol that Tess share and I discovered, I can get to my other pictures, should I need to download one, in the gallery.
Candice

Mhayes

Candy, which gallery? Your own or one you want to work on? I guess if from your own gallery, that would be your choice. From now on I won't use the "Quick Send," but the regular one.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]