• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Longest restore for me (to date)

Started by Jo Ann Snover, November 16, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I worked on a number of images for the Sengupta family, and one of them, a school picture, had damage to almost everything. Even though the family's son was the primary focus for them, the 8 x 10 picture would have been useless without the classmates restored as much as possible.

Nothing was simple, even in the background elements - damaged brickwork, a plaid skirt, a Hawaiian dinosaur shirt, cement...

With Bambi's agreement, I painted in the totally missing faces of (three) children and largely painted one more that was badly damaged but recognizable. Same for the teacher's face. With Margie's OK I contacted the family to make sure that the other picture from the batch that I was planning to use to recreate their son's face was actually the right child! It was, so he looks pretty close - probably - to the original picture, pre-damage. Also found out which grade (first) as that was gone in the flood.

I thought I'd post an overview of all the things I did to get from damage to finished picture as it might be helpful for someone else on some other picture in the future.

Jo Ann

Bambi

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your work. Fascinating.

Mhayes

Wow Jo Ann, this is what I call making lemonade out of lemons. Yes, not all could be saved, but you did a great job getting this to come together.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Lots of steps... what was the final outcome?
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Candice

Candice

rsvadnie

WOW! Awesome work... so many details!

Shadow

coopmj

Wonderful!!  Thank you for sharing your workflow!

Mary