• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Girl in a Bonnet

Started by Candice, November 08, 2018, 02:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I am having fun with this picture.  There's nothing left of the background but I was able to make out a chair. There was probably a table in the original, but who can tell. The little girl is the focal point and yes, there is a story about the bonnet. I am still working on shading, but if you want the story.... you'll have to ask Margie!   :halo:

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

I think if you look at the original after you brighten it (I used a curves adjustment layer set to screen blend mode) you can see that there are two chairs. One behind the girl has its seat "out" and the other, on the left side of the image, facing in towards the table-like object.

The girl's hand is resting on the chair. I've drawn an outline layer over the original and then overlaid it on your WIP:

If you block out rough shapes, I think you have to get the chair the girl is leaning on to make sense of her body posture, and bring down the chair legs over the floor to make the perspective work - the legs couldn't be where the floor and the wall meet.
Jo Ann

Candice

You're a step ahead Jo Ann.  I'm working on the background today.  It was late last night when I saw the first chair.  Today, in going back over it, I caught the second.  Thanks for taking a look see.  We're pretty close is what we see.   :wow:
Candice

Shadow

Looking good so far Candy. Look forward to the final.  :)

Candice

The damaged background is not important in this picture, but the girl is.  I'll post tomorrow. I had a chance to work a little on it today.
Candice

Candice

Here's my post for today.  I do believe I have arrived, almost.  I have a few other little things, but what think ye?

Candice

philbach

Hi Candice.  I noticed some little things that I marked.  Her left wrist didn't look right.  The texture changed and the contour of the top of her wrist seemed a little wrong.

phil

Candice

Thanks, Phil.  I'll correct those items. 
Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Taking Phil's suggestions and utilizing them, here is the latest on our girl.

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Just a thought. As the perspective on the chairs is off perhaps you could make vignette of this rather than spending time on the background?

Jo Ann

Candice

The young girl has gone home.  Thanks for all the suggestions!
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I like how you have her. I know I mentioned using a vignette on the baby photo, but don't want to open the floodgates to use it as a backup. It looks better not having the background so black behind her as it looks kind of spooky to see a night scene with a little girl in white with a bonnet.

Enjoyed the post and the help. She is ready to go home.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

phil

Candice

Thank you, Margie and Phil.  She was fun to work on. 
Candice