• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family Portrait

Started by kimh, November 07, 2018, 01:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimh

Hi all,

I'd appreciate some feedback on my wip please.
There was a lot of fine mud specs and some mould.

Regards,
Kim

Original

WIP
Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

Shadow

Hi Kim, looking good. On my screen the whites are bit bright. Not sure if this is b&w or tinted so disregard the Channel Mixer layer. Just a suggestion.  :)

kiska

I set my curves white to 247,247,247.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

In addition to bringing back the blown white areas, I saw a few small things to work on - it's really close to done.

The older daughter's hair is lighter and discolored  at the top (where it meets her Dad's jacket shoulder). The younger daughter's arm on the left side of the image has some light blue blotches on it that you should be able to clone out. There's a colored spot and jagged shadow edge on the lower part of the Dad's tie on the left side of the image.

Some of the shaded areas on the Dad's face have pink-ish parts - if you made this monochrome, they'd probably just blend in and not need cloning - The odds are good it was a B&W print originally...

I don't think the photographer did the Dad any favors in putting a spotlight on the top of his shiny scalp, but I don't think we get to alter things like that which are clearly not damage in the traditional sense :)
Jo Ann

kimh

Thanks everyone, hopefully its getting close now

WIP 2

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo