• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Church Wedding

Started by philbach, November 05, 2018, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Well this is a tough one for me.  There are some obvious problems with the lower right corner of the picture.  Also the background on the right side of the photo as well.  At any rate take a look.  I would appreciate your help. 

phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil, I think it's coming along really well.. it seems to me that the dress is white all over.. the shoulders look white and the dress in front has some blue color on it.. also his shirt I think is the same.. His pants have a little smudgy damage that could do with some burning and the lady in the pew to the left looking at the screen has what could be a little damage on her face.. I think I would soften the background a bit and maybe shadow a little at the top? see what you think.. I think the pews look great and I didn't even notice the right side looking at screen.. others will have input too I hope but I think you've done a great job so far.. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Phil, looking mighty good so far. Lynn's tips will help for sure. Think she probably has on white stockings so maybe tone down the bluish/purple color in her legs? You also might want to add some noise to the repair at the top of the background. Look forward to seeing your final.

Jo Ann Snover

I hope one day to have courage enough to wear a hat like the Mom (I assume) in that picture! Nothing wishy-washy about that design :)

I have a couple of suggestions as you finish this one up. I've illustrated them on parts of your WIP as I think it's easier to see with an example:

The original image can provide textures - doesn't have to be large to be useful - to match your fixes to the original image. In the wall at the back, the absolute regularity of the replacement makes it stand out. Using the healing brush and a piece of the original photo lets you get the texture of the original on your fixed area. The wood texture can be used too - sometimes you need to adjust the healing brush percentage  (up or down) to match the size of the origin and destination. Same with angle.

The healing brush and original textures also help with hard edges - nothing in a photograph has a truly sharp edge, so at a minimum, run the blur brush over things. For many edges, you can use another part of the image and the healing brush to grab an edge.

The WIP just has some "for instance" edits on it - enough to convey the idea, but nowhere near finished. See what you think
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

I was just looking at galleries and I see that another one from this series has the pews on the right side of the picture in better shape - SimsS_18_08_4x6.jpg. Perhaps ask Jonas if you may have that for reference/cloning.
Jo Ann

philbach

phil

philbach

Just a note.  Thanks everyone for your help.  My major concern was the architecture of the church benches and things.  But Jo Ann was right.  I took a look at Jonas's gallery and there are several photos taken at the same
phil

Shadow

Glad you found what you needed Phil. Good luck.

philbach

Well the reference photo from Jonas helped.  I rearranged the background and started to work on edges and texture.

phil

Jo Ann Snover

You're making good progress - that's looking very nice!
Jo Ann

philbach

Thanks for your help everyone.  Thank you Jo Ann for taking the time to make a graphic regarding suggested corrections. 
phil