• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Strolling through the leaves

Started by Lynnya, November 04, 2018, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi Gang.. this was an easy one?? I think?? comments and suggestions always welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

One teeny tiny thing ... is that a spot on the younger boy's nose? And if you have time, would you share your color correction process? Gorgeous Lynn!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks for good eyes Lyn.. um.. I went to look at my nice NON destructive layers which I saved and they didn't save.. sigh.. so I'll have to remember..(not easy for me)
Started with:
copy original to new layer
chose multiply layer blend.
Levels rgb sliders.
found a neutral gray spot with difference method and curved.
Did a black and white point curve layer.
checked the neutral gray again which was off a bit (don't know why I did it back to front)
Added a vibrance layer a tad..
Checked the white point on the highlights which had gone up to 250 (probably the vibrance did it) and brought it down a bit.
Cleaned up a few spots..
upped the contrast just a smidge
done.

So blown up to 400% there were quite a few spots hither and thither and the face color was a bit off on the man.. some noise factor.. fixed it all.

Jo Ann Snover

An alternate view of the color on these two - similar to the one on the two boys in a field. I think the coloring of your restore is a little too indoors and not outdoors in sunshine. Take a look and see what you think. The other thought is that the photo edge isn't damage but how the print was, so I thought preserving it was worth considering (there may be a policy on this, so perhaps there isn't a decision to make)

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hmm you may be right Jo Ann .. maybe I'll submit both.. Thanks.

Shadow

Thanks for sharing your steps Lynn. Like the different perspective Jo Ann showed as well. So many ways to go with color ... or put another way, so many ways for me to get lost.  :funny: :funny:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... I did tone it down some.. was a bit "green"...