• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wilson

Started by kimh, November 02, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimh

Hi all,

I thought I'd choose an easy one for my first project but as it turns out its not so easy.

Any suggestions on how to fix the white discolouration on the woman's dress, I tried cloning but the pattern makes it very difficult and cloning with soft edges only blurs the rest of the pattern.
I tried to manipulate the colour but didn't have much luck either.

There's also a lot of noise in the mans suit and the woman's hair.

Regards,
Kim

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

kiska

I mainly concentrated on the very yellow skin tones. Color balance, added blue. The med gray curves is on the girl's dress. Also a dark curves on Mom's streaky dress, followed by a blue color layer built up. Needs more tweaking.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Thank you for posting your first OPR restore Kim!

Great tips from Kiska, you can also use that dark curves layer on Mom's arms instead of what you did. That way they will not appear so painted.

The little girl's dress lost shading in the folds below her belt and Mom lost a little bit of hair near the man's shirt and tie.  (tie and shirt also lost shading)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Kim. Glad to see you. Kiska and Hannie's suggestions will help a lot.
I thought I'd choose an easy one for my first project but as it turns out its not so easy.  When you say that to yourself, watch out! They are seldom as easy as they look in the gallery ::)  Good luck. Look forward to your final.

Lynnya

Hi Kim and welcome to the fray... When ever I say "this will be easy"... I have to wash my mouth out with soap.. Have been there done that sooo many times.. Good luck with your restore, it'll be great in the end  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Bambi

Hahahaha! Distributors are required to run them through the mucker-upper app before we put them in your galleries.

Seriously, it's great that you joined Forum on your first restore. Everything I know about expert photo restoration I learned from the brilliant minds and patient people on Forum.

kimh

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll work on those and come back to you
Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

kimh

WIP 2

I hope this is an improvement, I'm still not particularly happy with the woman's dress.
Comments welcome

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

kiska

Maybe brighten the flowers a little?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kimh

WIP 3
Reworked mums dress & brightened flowers, brightened girls dress

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

Shadow

You're almost there Kim. There seems to be quite a bit of blue in the hair. Maybe you can reduce that some.

kimh

Removed some blue from the hair and removed yellow from the girls face

WIP 4

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo

Shadow

That did the trick Kim. You did a really nice job. :up:

Lynnya

Beautiful job Kim  :up: :up: I did notice that your Levels RGB sliders were a tiny bit off on the right side looking at the screen.. moving them in a tad brightened the whole thing up.. check it out and see what you think.. Hannie is always after me on this one lol.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kimh

Adjusted levels

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll submit it and see how it goes, fingers crossed
On to the next one.

Regards,
Kim

Kim Heaver
uses Affinity Photo