• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Colorful Family

Started by Lynnya, October 29, 2018, 04:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

I think this was easy... unless ya'll find loads of mistakes... ::) comments welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Very nice Lynn. Tiny little pik ... the red spot in her hair might be damage.  :up:

Lynnya

I'm not sure of that..young woman also has red in hair part.. :P

Shadow

Mhayes

I think you are right about the part in the hair and funny because the photo doesn't look like much of any ink migrated. I'm not sure if this is an Indian wedding or not. I and a close friend did the photography for an Indian wedding that did not start until around 10 pm so that it could coincide with their family over in India. The bride was a doctor and I forgot what the groom did. I Indian weddings are amazing and would have been happy to have done only the,. I probably left around 2 am in the morning and was stiff I could hardly walk, but the wedding was very memorable.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Jo Ann Snover

I think the red in the parting is intentional - read this about the custom. Doesn't have to be only at/for a wedding

My only other thought is that the bangle on the woman on the left probably goes all the way around - and you can probably copy and rotate/skew from the other side to do it. The lower part of her arm looks a bit green to me - perhaps you can warm the arm up a little? :)

Such a happy picture!
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks all and Jo Ann.. will warm that arm. Found this as well as info from Jo Ann..

"Sindoor or Sindooram is a traditional vermilion red or orange-red colored cosmetic powder from Indian Subcontinent, usually worn by married women along the part of their hair. In Hindu communities the use of sindoor indicates a woman is married and ceasing to wear it usually implies widowhood."

Good job I didn't remove that red from her hair!

Hannie

What a beautiful photo and interesting link about the red. 
Lynn, when you do another Levels adjustment in R, G & B you may find the the photo will clear up some.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. did that and fixed the arm.. how is it now?

Shadow

Hannie

Lynn, when you bring in the sliders you can move them past the horizontal flat line until the slider hits the part of the histogram that goes more vertical. 

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. is this better?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks for your tweaks Hannie.. I've put them in my back pocket  :loveit: