New Features in Photoshop CC 2019 by Shadow
[Yesterday at 09:47:57 AM]

WIP - Major parts of subject missing by Priscilla
[November 11, 2018, 11:09:23 AM]

PPeters Photo by Jo Ann Snover
[November 10, 2018, 06:16:43 PM]

Disney Day by Mhayes
[November 09, 2018, 03:53:50 PM]

Author Topic: PPeters Photo  (Read 463 times)

Offline Mhayes

• Site Admin
  • OPR Master
Re: PPeters Photo
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
Alvo, don't feel bad and I love your typo of "clown tool" as I'm sure sometimes it must feel that way. I like the clone tool for small jobs, but like using layer masks even better. Enjoy your trip and sometimes it can be beneficial to walk away and then come back to your photo.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
mhayes@operationphotorescue.org

Offline Alvo

• OPR Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I felt like it needed posting. I have found out thru the years that I am not unique, if I am doing something then you can bet lots of others are doing the same thing. I learned a method of setting white balance on YouTube where you go into curves, hold down Alt and select the auto button. This brings up a dialog box where you can select to let curves automatically select your Black and White points. I guess I should have learned on my first photo when Jo Anne pointed out the colors were wrong but I must be a little more hard headed than I thought. After trying every color adjustment tool I could think of to try and match Jo Anne's colors in the coveralls I had this brilliant idea. Why not go back to the original and do a manual white balance. When I did, Bingo, I hit Jo Anne's colors. I even tried an auto white balance and got the same thing I got using auto in curves. I will NEVER use anything auto again while setting a white balance.

Alvin Herron

Offline Alvo

• OPR Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »
I haven't quite ya'll, working on those strips..
Alvin Herron

Offline Alvo

• OPR Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »
Do you think the circled fold in red will be dark or light blue?

Alvin Herron

Online Jo Ann Snover

• OPR Long Time Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 06:16:43 PM »
If you look at the other folds (and you could do searches online of other similar pictures to confirm) I think you will see light on the outside and dark on top and bottom where it's in shadow. Such as this and this.

Think about where the light appears to be coming from and where it will be blocked by something in the image and you'll generally be able to match up the damaged areas to the rest.
Jo Ann