• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding pic needs review

Started by battleaxe, October 28, 2018, 05:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Sorry Jonas for taking so  long on this one.  I have redone this one a few times.  I have trouble when the colours shift and get whiter patches.  This is what I got ... since it is a 33x 42 pic the errors are going to show big time.   Eyes and suggestions on this one would be appreciated. :hug:

Shadow

Hey BA. Wow! You have come so far. Maybe you can find an image to help you get the man's feet positioned a bit better?

Hannie

Hi BA,

His left foot should be turned outward towards the camera and as a result it should be a little shorter.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Looks to me like he's taking a step. Left knee is raised. VERY rough...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

Talk to Jonas about this. He gave it to me last week and I turned it back in to him already. This was what I turned in - just FYI

Jo Ann

battleaxe

Thanks Jo Ann,
Glad someone did it.  Yours is definitely better.  How did you get the  church pew ends and his feet?   I just couldn't get them right.

Jo Ann Snover

Lots of careful cloning on the pews - using the clone tool at 120% or whatever to get the right size.

If you look at the blue channel you can see how his legs and feet are placed, even though there's not really any detail to be usable. I then found a picture of dress white shoes as you'd wear with a Navy uniform and cloned from that (after rotating and skewing them to be the right perspective

Here's the blue channel with the outline layer I drew to use as an overlay while putting the feet (bride and Dad) together

I had some lace for the bride's dress from another restore I did for this family. If you don't have any other images from a group, it's always worth asking your distributor if they have anything else showing what you need - hem of bride's dress, or a bouquet, or whatever. They can put the file in your gallery invitations for you to use, either for reference or as a clone source.
Jo Ann