• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Green Mess on a lovely face

Started by Lynnya, October 27, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Thanks guys and thanks for all the tips.. that's what I love about the forum, always some way to improve an image before it goes home..

Mary as far as the frequency separation thingy goes.. there are many different tutorials on it so check out the web. I really don't think it was meant for this type of work but I found that if I worked on healing the "texture" layer it left the "color" layer intact with no color changes.. that left me with greenish color damage but it was easier to color over with the a color blend which didn't work when there was texture there.  You have to be sparing with it otherwise you end up with just blurred but in this case it seemed to work for me. Make sense?  I kinda used it back to front if you get my meaning.. removing unwanted texture as opposed to Phlearn's trying to keep the texture.  I have found if I try to "heal" the texture damage with normal methods it impacts the colors and messes it all up.. (technical term).

Here is another example, a bit more technical but good for learning..

https://petapixel.com/2017/08/03/frequency-separation-mixer-brush-photoshop/
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Thanks Lynn.  Looks like I'm going to have to do some studying.

Shadow

Mary, on the Phlern videos you can turn on the CC and Click the settings wheel and slow the video down to 0.75. Helps quite a bit when you don't want to miss something.

Marydh

Thanks Shadow!  Great tip.  Wish I could speed up my brain to 1.0. 🤓