• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Day

Started by karen11554, October 23, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

This is a WIP...still have a lot of tweaking to do....once again the color is making me :mad:

What do you think?

Jo Ann Snover

I did one of these images already and am working on a second.

I think your WIP colors don't look quite right - as you guessed. You have very harsh highlights, a bit too much contrast, rather greenish wood (it should be warmer in tone) and very flat (vs. rich) blacks.

Let me show you a version of your original with similar coloring to my already returned image from this wedding - so all the damage is still there, but I used most of the adjustment layers from my image and very roughly made masks to fit yours.

Then, here's a before and after of my returned image of the bride with her Dad - this is at the other end of the church, so the lighting's a bit different, although both have very harsh flash providing the primary light for the couple

If you like - if you think it will help - I can put my PSD file for the finished image on Google Drive so you can copy it to take a look. Depending on how you work and how your file is set up, this may be more trouble than it's worth. See what you think.
Jo Ann

Shadow

You're off to a good start. Good luck!