• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dapper dude and his buddy

Started by Marydh, October 23, 2018, 07:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Alright all you eagle eyes out there...have at it.  Please give me any suggestions.
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

Those boys look great in those outfits. You've really brought this image back from near death!!

I do have a couple of suggestions and I made a version of your WIP to show what I mean about color and contrast.

There were a coupe of minor editing things - a black bit at top right that didn't get cloned out and a few hard edges in the boy's pants and around the tree above their hats. Another small thing is that the shirts and sweater edges are too sharp - given the edges in the rest of the image they don't match. What I did was make a separate layer and used the blur brush on those to soften them (don't ruin your beautiful precise sharp original).

I thought the boy's faces were a bit yellow and a little more contrast was needed (note that I didn't sharpen, just altered colors and contrast). I also thought the tree looked monochrome and so I gave it a hint of brown to the bark. See what you think.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Thanks Lynnya and Jo Ann.  Jo Ann, I will make the changes you suggested and send it on. I appreciate the help.
Mary

Shadow

Marydh

Thanks Shadow.
Jo Ann, I decided to post a new version before sending it in.  What do you think now?
The contrast makes a big difference.  Too much?

Jo Ann Snover

I don't think the contrast is too much - I might pull a little of the yellow out of the boys' faces but that'd be it.

I'd let your distributor look at this as is and see if they're happy. It may need to match others from that series, so better to let the final tweaks happen there.

Jo Ann

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Love your new avatar Mary. Looks like you were having fun.  8)

Marydh

Thanks to all you wonderful ladies.
Yeah Shadow, my grand niece made me put it on then took the pic.  Of course she put it on all her social media accounts.
(she's eleven...scary)

Candice

I'll love to see these young guys, in the same outfit, all grown up.  I'll bet they are just as dapper!!
Candice

Marydh