• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old photo

Started by levb, October 13, 2018, 02:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

levb

What do you think?

Do you think the left ear has the right shape?

kiska

Some helpful hints, maybe...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

The only additions to the above suggestions would be: a) you've lost the shape of the tie knot - it fills the space between the collar edges and has no indent below the knot where fabric is gathered; b) the tie below the knot has lost its original position and shape; and c) the shadows under the jacket lapels are missing or too light.

That's quite a stare the guy has!
Jo Ann

Candice

He's a fine looking man.  Do I see green eyes in the photo?  Must be my imagination.
Candice

Hannie

Candy, there is green in his eyes but I think it is damage.  The greens is also in his lips, nose and around the collar.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on October 14, 2018, 05:53:17 AM
Candy, there is green in his eyes but I think it is damage.  The greens is also in his lips, nose and around the collar.
Whew!! You know Halloween is getting close!!   :funny:  :wow:
Candice

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

By golly, Hannie, I think you have it!  ;D

Candice

levb

This is what I got so far:

I'm not quite sure what the shape of the lapels is...

Shadow

Looking good so far. Maybe this pic will help you with the lapel.

Candice

Great example, Shadow.  I worked on this picture for a bit and it took a while to get the lapel just right in my eye.  You've give a much better source!
Candice

levb

Jo Ann Snover

Couple of minor things on the right side of the suit jacket that need fixing and some repeating patterns in the cloning, but otherwise looking good.

Look at the placement of the notch on the left side of the image versus the right - the right looks more realistic as the notch doesn't go over/up to the top of the shoulder. There's a line on the lapel on the left (above the notch) that shouldn't be there. Also, on the jacket lapel where it meets the shirt and tie (on the left) there's a jog in the fold line of the fabric that needs to go - it's a smooth line down.
Jo Ann