• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Smiley

Started by Lynnya, October 11, 2018, 01:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, I haven't touched this yet..hoping someone can clarify what is going on with the chair to the right on the screen - in the blue channel it seems to have a big sort of roll in back..I can see the cushion of the baby swing behind and think the back of the chair (if it is the back) is round.. would appreciate some eyes please.. can't get my head around where everything is with the chair..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I had a look at this and I am not sure I recognize what's there - other than the world's largest TV remote!

The chair swing and its frame are apparently next to some curtains, so there isn't a ton of space behind the furniture on the right. The puzzle is that the ottoman-like object (with the remote on it) extends out of the frame and the circle that's upright doesn't head off with the longer base. Could it be a bizarre armless love seat with a back that's two circles? That makes no sense.

I thought possibly that what we can see is a side view of a loveseat, so the ottoman is actually the arm of the chair/chair and a half/loveseat. That means the roll that's in shadow is the back of the chair. But it'd be odd to have the sofa against the wall and the chair both facing the same way.

I think you can restore this without knowing exactly what's there though. The fabric on the round bit and the ottoman/arm is the same and the roll is so in shadow, I don't think you have to do much with it.

It does seem clear that the frilly edge of the covering on the swing chair is behind the overstuffed furniture object and not interacting with it in some weird way.

I'm not sure that was any help at all :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yes great help.. maybe Bambi will let me crop it a bit... ;)

Shadow

Good luck!! Know it'll be good.

Alvo

I am new so this maybe a silly question. You referred to Bambi, who is Bambi? Is she the person the photo is being restored for and do you actually have contact with the families? Still trying to learn my way around in OPR. Thanks.
Alvin Herron

Shadow

Hi Alvin, Bambi is one our distributors. There are four distributors - Bambi, Jonas, Margie, and Tess. You download your image from one of their galleries and you upload it there as well. They will accept or return your image if it needs some adjustments. One of the nice things about the forum is you can get extra "eyes" on your restoration. Speaking for myself, I always seem to miss something. Posting it here usually means someone else will spot what I missed and then I can tweak my work before sending it home.
Look forward to seeing you soon.

Candice

Candice

Alvo

Thanks, please tell me if this is not the place to ask these questions. From what I have read you go to the galleries, pick out a photo and comment on it then you will be sent an E mail for download. So that is what I did. I noticed in the gallery there is a download button above the photo, is that where you download it now instead of thru the E mail?
Alvin Herron

Jo Ann Snover

No.

You download full size photos for restorations from a different part of the PhotoShelter interface - My gallery invitations. That is accessed, if you do it directly from the web site, from the My Account link at top left (when logged in), next to the cart button. In my case, I see a link "To Jo Ann Snover" - you'll see your name. Click on that and there's your own gallery of thumbnails. From that you can click the download button and download the original size.

Or, use the link in the email you will get from your distributor :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Need eyes on this and I know it wanders from the original..  :crazy:

Shadow

Looking good. You've come a long way. Maybe bring the whites down a bit? And his feet seem to have some bluish areas? Final's gonna' be something!

Candice

What a cutie!  You're almost home!!
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Couple of things - in addition to the comment above about the whites being a little bright on the foreground elements.

You have an odd gray line over part of the graco chair front
The perspective isn't right on the furniture object that used to have the TV remote on it - the lower part should be parallel to the upper, not converging with it.
Shadows: you've lost some of the ones on the original image. On the leg on the left side, the shadow should go up over the sofa skirt; on the leg on the right it should go over the carpet, not stop at the sofa skirt. Perhaps a small shadow under the baby's foot on the left side of the picture like the foot on the right?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann... if you have time can you quick demonstrate the perspective and also the shadows... you know how good I am at perspective....  ::)  appreciate your input.

Jo Ann Snover

See if this helps explain what I was trying to get at

The cleanups layer was my cloning over your restore. In addition to fixing the perspective on the furniture "thing" on the right, I added the carpet back between the two sofas, fixed the baby's diaper (it had gone down too far) and extended the bottom support of the swing seat.

The shadow layer (set to multiply mode) added back the missing shadows by the baby's leg, on the carpet, etc. and added a skinny one under the fabric skirt at the bottom of the furniture "thing". I started to do a shadow to hint at the piping edge on the "thing" but wasn't really happy with that, so didn't finish. I think it needs a highlight between the shadows if you want it to work better.

The cropped smaller part is from your restore for comparison.

Does that help
Jo Ann