• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Me and my pocket book

Started by Shadow, October 09, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

This little cutie could use some extra eyes please. What say all of you?

Lynnya

Oh lyn..on my tiny phone looks adorable!
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I think it's 96% of the way there, but needs a bit of overall contrast and some of the darker and faded areas evened out.

Here's something that I hope explains what I mean

I didn't include the second screen mask as it was just a few areas - like the girl's socks - that needed a little extra lift. The Contrast layer is just a curves adjustment layer with the black point and white point moved in a bit. You could play with the curve if you thought it needed it when you're looking at the full size image.

Let me know if you have questions (I don't want to belabor the point if it's already clear :))
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and thanks Jo Ann. Always appreciate the screen shots. Made perfect sense.

Better?

Jo Ann Snover

It is better. I think the socks are still a little dark - even if the lower draperies are in shadow, I think the socks would be lit. I think it's that dark brown staining that made the lower front section so dark.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Looks lovely Lyn.. I agree with Jo Ann that the sox could be a little whiter..

Mhayes

Lyn, can't add much to what has already been said. Big improvement and one tiny suggestion might be to have just a little darker around where she is sitting so that she doesn't look like she is floating.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks for the good eyes and suggestions gang! Final?

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

One more suggestion for your already beautiful restore Shadow:  perhaps one of those Multiply layers like Jo Ann did with a layer mask and then brush over the girl's face, sweater and top part of her pants?  (you can vary the opacity of the brush and/or layer)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie and Hannie. Added that Curves/Multiply ... see if this brings it home.

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

That's looking very nice indeed.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]