• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Identification of toy in picture.

Started by andrewturner1983, September 30, 2018, 01:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewturner1983

Hi All,

Hoping someone  might be able to help.  This picture has a toy under the young girls arm.  Currently in having a few problems  identifying what it is.  Looks like maybe toy poodle but really not sure.  Spoken to gallery owner and there are no other references in the photos submitted for restoration.  Any suggestion or reference images would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Original

WIP

Shadow

Couldn't find a good reference image. Wonder if Margie could shoot the owner an email and see if they remember what the animal was? Good luck!

Lynnya

Looks like a pink furry snowsuit with a dolls face..the pink goes over the head as well.. Lyn, google pink plush baby doll with face.. quite a few examples of similar...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I think she's holding two toys and a blanket in that arm. There's a pink poodle underneath and something - possibly a cat - on top. It's hard to be sure given the damage, but take a look at the marked up section to see what I think I see here.

On the left is the original image with a channel mixer layer overlaid to show the blue layer and on top  colored outlines I did to show the objects I think I see. If you look at the girl's hand on the right of the picture, she's grabbing something that isn't the pink toy - whose feet are in her lap. I think it's the feet/paws of the other toy. If you look at her shorts leg, there's another piece of draped fabric on top that I think is one of those cotton diapers you can use as a toy's baby blanket.

On the right, I overlaid my outlines on the work in progress to show what they look like there.

At least I think that's what I'm seeing :)
Jo Ann

andrewturner1983

Hi thanks for the suggestions will see if I can mock each one up and see how they turn out.  Think its going to be a lot of trial and error this one.