• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Smiley face

Started by Lynnya, September 25, 2018, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi guys.. can you see anything that needs doing with this image..
Thanks, Lynn

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I think this was a pretty blown out image in the first place, but it could be improved a little with just a couple of edits in Photoshop - here's what I did:

You can paint very roughly on the masks for multiply and screen (Curves adjustment layers with those blend modes) - I typically finish with a light Gaussian Blur to make sure there are gradual transitions. You need to avoid putting the skin color anywhere it doesn't belong though :)

See what you think
Jo Ann

Shadow

Nice cleanup Lynn. Jo Ann's tip will put it weigh over the top.

Lynnya

Hi Jo Ann.. thanks for your input and pictures, always appreciated.  I did consider doing more of what you've done and then thought maybe I should stick to the more blown out original.. I think I'll do two versions and send 'em both up..
Thanks again.
Lynn  :up:

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

A little too much, I think. His face looks a bit gray to me. Perhaps just an opacity change (or doing a Levels adjustment on the mask of the multiply layer, if that's how you darkened his skin) will take care of it.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I used the color method as you did on the last layer.. I've changed the color..still not sure.. :(

Jo Ann Snover

I think that's better. You could lower the opacity on whatever you used to darken the skin (versus color it) just a hair, but see what your distributor thinks.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann.

How's this.. reduced the multiply layer a tad..

Jo Ann Snover

It's probably easier for you to see the difference with the full image - on the little version subtle stuff gets lost.

I'd send it back for your distributor to evaluate - it's either fine or very close :)
Jo Ann

Marydh

Great tip Jo Ann.  Anxious to try it.
Mary

Shadow

Bambi

Great job, you two! That's one of my favorite techniques.

Mhayes

Looks great and love the tip!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]