• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Give me some ice cream!!

Started by Marydh, September 21, 2018, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Thats very helpful.. Thank you for taking the time Jo Ann.

Lynn :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Funny Jo Ann, mine look just like that. 🤓

That's really amazing.  Thanks for sharing.
Mary

Lynnya

Hi Jo Ann.. I have a question.. when restoring a badly damaged image I often grab areas of clothing, skin whatever and ctrl J to a new layer several time to fill in the damaged areas.. I noticed in your restore there was no "ctrl/alt/shift/E to combine all the layers to be able to do that...also to use the "patch" tool. That is where I get into trouble I think.. I do it quite often which of course negates the adjustment of any layer below it..suggestions??
Maybe I'm just missing a method or something..
Lynn

Jo Ann Snover

You can certainly copy parts of the original, or of a combination of layers, but (a) you need to turn off the adjustment layers first (All pixel layers Layer Comp in my setup) and (b) it's best to cut out all but the area you want to work on in the copy. You put that layer into the stack of pixel layers wherever seems appropriate given the content.

As long as all the pixel edits are done without any color adjustment, you're good. And combine layers as little as possible - little pieces of content give you the most flexibility. Does that make sense?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I think so.. :) I'll try it..
Thanks