• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

advice on shirt and Tie

Started by crazyguy1986, September 18, 2018, 12:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyguy1986

This is a work in Progress, but I've been trying to do something about the dress shirt and tie, the jacket looks ok to me but the shirt and tie looks a little pasted on to me, and I've been trying to correct it. I think it might be the light source on the tie not matching the original photo. I've tried to tone down the brightness of the tie. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shadow

Hi and a hearty welcome. Nice clean up so far! You might try bringing down the left collar (looking at the screen) a bit and softening the edge. You can lay the original over yours to see how it lines up. The tie is smooth on the knot and textured below?  And one more little thing, maybe some more cleanup around the edge of the young man? Look forward to your final.

Lynnya

Hi Crazyguy.. Welcome from Florida.. great to have you aboard.  With Shadow's tips it'll be a great restore.. good luck and I also look forward to your final.  When you paste the original over (if you do that) if you "paste in place" it goes exactly where it should... but you probably new that.. took me ages to figure that out.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Tess (Tassie D)

Is it just me or does his tie colour match his jacket?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

It is hard to tell where that yellow pigment is coming from. The tie could be yellow, or blue, or even a combination. Would there be another reference photo?
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

crazyguy1986

Thanks everyone I will try those adjustment. I think the tie is made of a fabic that texture only shows when light reflects on it a certain way. I used yellow, for the tie because it seemed like that color was the underneath the purple, so i just assumed the purple was smears from the ink from the suit. I actually do try to line everything up, from the original. i adjusted the right side and ive been working on the left of the jacket. I usually dont use so many outside sources for a picture but there was just so much missing from the bottom part of the photo. I didn't see any other photos of this guy in the same suit, i seen some of him in other school pictures but he was more casually dressed. Thanks again everyone. 

Mhayes

Hey Crazyguy, I agree with you about the tie. Had you replaced body parts we might have called you on it, but the clothing had too much missing so understand the replacements. Nice restore!  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I'm with Tess on the color of the tie.  It is hard to tell looking at this small version though.
Apart from blurring it to match the rest of the photo, what if you tone down the highlights and yellow color some?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]