• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Best wishes

Started by BBeesley, September 09, 2018, 03:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBeesley

Hey guys I'm a newby and this is my first post. Comments please. I'm particularly concerned
with the woman's blouse but input on any part of this WIP would be appreciated
Bob :-\

Candice

Her dress comes up in the back to meet the neckline, I do believe.  Welcome to the family!

Candice

BBeesley

Thanks Candice. I believe you're right

Lynnya

Welcome to the forum BBeesley.. great to have you aboard :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Welcome to the forum.  Doing and posting and reviewing is a great way to learn.  All of us welcome the help that others can give. 
phil

BBeesley

Thanks, I not only need but welcome any and all comments and help

Mhayes

Welcome to the Forum BBeesley. Look at Candice's version and you will see she color corrected first. Don't let that scare you away as you can (Photoshop) often get by with do an "auto" Curves or by bringing in each of the sliders on the R, G, B. Then you can start repairing. Hang in there and post your progress and you will get a nice finished restore.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

BBeesley

Thanks for the input. I did notice right away the correction. I made some correction but was way too conservative
( my concern to remain faithful to the original). These are what I see you get from posting. Again thanks, I'll post a new
WIP shortly.

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Bob, great job so far!
Margie mentioned it already, color correction should be done first and repairs after.
We like that you want to stay as close to the original as possible. When you do levels and curves try not to blow out the whites and keep the detail in the wedding dress.  Similar thing goes for the shadows, try and preserve detail.

Levels, I used Margie's suggestion by bringing in the R, G and B slider in a Levels adjustment layer.
I did one Curves layer to pick white (highlight on ribbons) and black (suit pants left side).
I used another Curves layer for the Gray dropper and tried different areas to get suitable result).

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

BBeesley

Here"s a new one. I adjusted color (maybe still needs more),
brought woman's dress up to neck, lightened shadow on groom's face and used layers/multiply to bring out more detail in brides dress
Comments please
Bob

Shadow

A hearty welcome to the forum Bob. Your pic is coming along. Maybe bring the whites back up on her dress? Is that damage on the collar area and the woman in front of him? Good luck. Look forward to seeing your final!

BBeesley

Thanks Shadow. I brought the dress up a bit, and tweaked a couple of other things I
saw. What say you guys now?

BBeesley

Oops Forgot to post image. I'm going to get better I promise

Candice

Looking very good, BB. 
Candice

Mhayes

Bob, you're doing great and better than I did at the beginning. Since you didn't color correct at the beginning it still needs some tweaking. I'm assuming you are using either Photoshop or PS Elements and will have Levels and Curves. If you go to level, notice that the slider on the right needs to be brought in towards the left till it meets like the information shown as black. For more information and illustrations, see the link to your right: Techniques Handbook.

The guy closest to you needs his coat cleaned up and the damaged circle of the back of his head looks like water damage. Then smooth out face so that it doesn't look so dirty--could be mold or dirt.

You're getting there.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]