• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Days Gone By

Started by Candice, September 07, 2018, 07:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

What a lovely young lady!  Had a bit of time to start working on this young lady today.  Lots of rain helped!! 

*Determination needed from Tess or Margie*  I have taken the young lady and proportionally enlarged her to fill more of the page.  Is that all right or do I need to keep the in the original position.  Dimension of the picture are still the same.

Candice

Hannie

That is a lot of work Candy, looks really good already!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Look at you go! It's gonna'  be wonderful.

Candice

Update.  Any suggestion? 

Candice

Shadow

Maybe do that thing where you lay the original over your work and tweak the right eye area (looking at the screen) a bit?

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on September 08, 2018, 04:45:36 PM
Maybe do that thing where you lay the original over your work and tweak the right eye area (looking at the screen) a bit?
Thanks, Shadow.  I haven't done that yet but for sure it will be done. It's one of the last steps I do.  For me, it helps bring out little details that I might not see. 

Candice

Candice

Now, that the overlay had been done, what think ye? One is in B/W and the other with just a hint of color.

Candice

philbach

Hi Candace.  The subjects left eye area including the eyebrow, the eyelid and eye itself appear to be darker than the right eye.  Lighting for the portrait seems to be coming from the subjects left front side.  So I think the subjects right eye is normal and her left eye area is too dark.
phil

Candice

Candice

philbach

Hi Candace much better.  I placed samplers on the outer edge of the iris of both eyes and the reflex of both eyes and her left eye is still a tad dark.

phil

philbach

Hi Candace.  I copied the photo to a new layer and used screen as the blending mode.  Using a layer mask I just showed the area around her left eye in the upper screen layer.  More work needs to be done but I thought I would show the result.

phil

Candice

Candice

philbach

That does look really nice.  Around her right nostril things seem a little dark.  I don't know if you want to mess with that or not.   
phil

Candice

Last corrections have been made. Last overlay has been done. Last touches to color have been completed.  I also think she's ready to go home unless anyone sees something else.

Candice

Lynnya

Candy she's beautiful!! wonderful work  :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...