• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nice looking couple

Started by Marydh, August 30, 2018, 04:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi everyone,
Please take a look.  I had a hard time going from too much healing and not enough.  Also, any tips on the man would be appreciated.  I wanted to make him look his age.  It seems as if he just looks stoic.
The blue channel was a big help.  Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Mary

Bambi

This is a tough one. He looks a little flat. Did you get the reference picture I put in your gallery?

Marydh

Yes, I got  the picture but I couldn't figure out how to use it.  I really don't know what else to do.  I will take any suggestions. 

Candice

Red seems to be a nemesis in a lot of the pictures. So hard to work with.  I think you did a great job bringing them out of the goop, which is pretty amazing, Mary!!

I did have a go at it. I first used a inverted mask on the man's face and made level adjustments.  Took a bit of the red out of the eyes and teeth. Then finished up with a bit of hand painting to bring the man's complexion out a bit more. I use a history brush set to overlay to bring out a little more detai and to give him a less washed out look. What a challenge.

Candice

coopmj

Wow, Mary and Candice you both did amazing work on this one!

Marydh

Thanks Candice.  I'll give that a whirl.
(Thanks coopmj)

Shadow

Wonderful clean up Mary! Look forward to your final!

rsvadnie

This looks so fantastic! Awesome work!

Hannie

Unfortunately at the moment I cannot give you an example of my suggestion for your WIP, I can only try to tell you.
Perhaps you can make a copy of the blue channel of the original photo and and paste that over your WIP.  It'll give your great detail on the shape of the man's face and the lady's neck.  It also shows the shading and lines ins the skin (also a little shading in the outer corner of the man's eyes.

I sometimes used to work on the a separate copy of the blue channel, toning, repairing, healing etc. and use it with a layer mask over my WIP.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Thanks everyone.  Hannie, I did try that with the blue channel but not to that extent.   I just saw your post  as I was getting ready to post my latest version.  See what you think.

Shadow

It's getting there Mary. You are so brave!

Marydh

Going to try again with Hannie's suggestions.

Marydh

Well, here we go again.  I think he might be a bit pink but when I change it he looks too pale.
Watcha think.

Shadow

Marydh