• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mystery Uniform

Started by Candice, August 28, 2018, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I must admit, though I know that this young lady served in the US Army, I have never seen a uniform with a lapel like she has and wearing an ascot, too.  I wonder if the family could tell us more.

Candice

Shadow

Hannie

Security Police, US Air Force and Coast Guard wore white ascots I think.  Now I am really curious what the uniform was!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on August 28, 2018, 01:41:03 PM
Security Police, US Air Force and Coast Guard wore white ascots I think.  Now I am really curious what the uniform was!
That's something I can go on, Hannie. The only thing I'm wondering, since this was during WWII, was a woman able to be in the position as a security policewoman?  It was the US Army Air Corp during those years.  Coast Guard... Hmmm

Research is always part of the fun.
Candice

Shadow

Hey Candy, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page ... WAC fire drill ... you can see the lady by the wheel has the same collar. Hope it helps.

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on August 28, 2018, 04:02:06 PM
Hey Candy, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page ... WAC fire drill ... you can see the lady by the wheel has the same collar. Hope it helps.

Was there supposed to be a page link?  Shadow, I don't understand.  I am looking for WAC fire drill
Candice

Shadow

uh, yes ...   ::)   This is the link. http://www.history.army.mil/html/documents/women/waac-wac42-44/
This is the image since their server seems to be down.

Candice

The page is back up and of course there is no caption.  lol 
Candice

Mhayes

Candy,

I am having computer problems, mainly my jet pack and trying to get a replacement. Got sold the wrong thing that won't work, so will have to take off work and try again. So I'm lucky now to use the Internet, but it has been a hit and miss when the original jet pack stops working. Hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to help, but right now hope everyone understands why I may go missing in action for awhile.  :mad:

P.S. After getting home at 6 pm after work, I was on the phone with tech support for 1 1/2 hours pm only to be told what I purchased would never work. Came to that conclusion faster than the tech support team--took two and still couldn't screw in the light bulb.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Bless your heart, Margie!  Are you sure you're not in my family?  You know... when it rains it pours! 

You know me, I'm going to keep looking.  All hints welcome and Shadow, thank you.  The young soldier is wearing the Crossed Rifles, which is unusual because women weren't in combat units. 
Candice

Candice

Candice

Lynnya

Looking beautiful Candy  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Candice

Candice

BYW, one of my sources said it looks like she was a cadet.  The uniform is not Army and she most certainly would not have worn the "Crossed Rifle" insignia. However, the single disk on her cap corresponds to a rank insignia for a cadet second lieutenant, possibly for a ROTC program. 

Now I wish I had a date.  With the hair it could be the 50s. 

This particular picture was taken in 1954.  That's the year I was born.

Candice

Shadow

Think you solved the mystery!