• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

School days

Started by Shadow, August 14, 2018, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Tried two ways to correct color.  Auto Color, Contrast and Tone on the first correction and Curves Adj Layer on the second one. What do you think? On the right track with either one of them? And while you're lending your eagle eyes, any suggestions for the background color? Looks like lots of water swirled the colors together into a mess.  :crazy:  Thanks!

Hannie

Shadow, the background is probably blue, not sure if the reds are damage or not.
I would try to tone down the oranges in some areas.
Great start! (I like a mix of the 2 versions  :))

I did levels, curves and use the gray dropper in areas in the background to find a suitable skin color.  Desaturated some of the oranges in his face and hair.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

:wnw:  Thanks Hannie!

Here's a WIP. Lots left to do. Does this background work? How about his coloring gang ... skin tones too cool now on your screens? There still seems to be some orange left in his hair and hairline. Is it water damage or do you think his hair may have a reddish tint? Thanks  :)

Candice

You've got this, Shadow.
Candice

Hannie

Shadow, I think he may be a redhead.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

The background may have a "cloudy" background rather than one color.
phil

Shadow

Thanks for the feedback gang. This is a WIP - plenty to do yet. Used your screen shot as a guide Hannie. Hair and skin better?  Phil, is this more what you were thinking? 

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Yep.  Way to go Shadow.
phil

Lynnya

s'gonna be good Lyn  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Great job Shadow.  He's SO cute!
Mary

Shadow

You all are the best ... couldn't do it without you. Back with the final in a couple of days. Have a good weekend everyone!

Mhayes

Great job Shadow! The background looks good and it keeps it from looking flat. We try to recreate what was in the original but in this case it was impossible. Since it was a professional photographer he would have had a muslin or some other curtain type backdrop and this one looked like several colors in it, but too badly damaged to bring back, but the boy a success!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks everyone! If you agree, final?

Candice

One small pick... perhaps you can bring out the white of the eye and take out the red overcast of his teeth just a bit.   ::)
Candice