• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Holiday Couple

Started by karen11554, August 18, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

Happy Weekend everyone!

This is still a WIP, but I'm really struggling with the left side...I tried different channels but I can't see many details...suggestions?

Mhayes

Happy Weekend to you too.

Karen, your WIP looks too green and when I take the eye dropper over the doors behind, green is the dominant color. How did you color correct? I took the original and did an Auto Curves Adjustment. Yes, there is still some coloration that will have to be corrected, but now it is brighter and whiter. Also, it appears the man's suit is brown and not black. I think there is plenty of detail showing and what is towards your left can be left in the shadows. Looking good otherwise.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

karen11554

Thanks for the suggestions! I am on vacation next week so I will post when I get back.

karen11554

I will admit it, the left side of the photo is the shadows has me beat...any helpful hints?

Mhayes

Karen,

It's great the way you have it. Depending on the camera"s depth of field, those areas in the shadows might not be in focus and that is fine--plus, a lot less distracting.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

The color and the shadows look good. Still a lot of noise in the floor and at the base of the white trees.