• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What I Woke Up to this Last Week

Started by Mhayes, July 30, 2018, 01:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I have been AWOL this last week as Hugh and I took a week's vacation in Colorado. Here are a few shots, one of the Twin Lakes with the Rockies in the background, and the last two of the Royal Gorge. The last is looking down from the bridge and originally we had planned on taking the train ride below, but it was sold out.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Julia

philbach

Very Nice, Margie.   Vacations are great. 
phil

Hannie

Too bad about the train ride Margie, the view from the bridge is breathtakingly beautiful!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Thanks everyone. Did not plan to post anymore photos, but saw this today and kind of funny about the guy in the picture I didn't intend for him to be there--his t-shirt says it all. I did love the clouds as in the mountain there were regular showers. Hannie, we also went across the gorge in one of these adjacent to the suspension bridge.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

Margie,

All very nice photos wish we were there.  Glad you had a good time.

Mike
Mike S.

coopmj

Beautiful pictures!  I love the Rockies.  Wish I lived there!

Shadow

What a beautiful place to spend your vacation Margie. Thanks for sharing the pics of the gorgeous scenery.

Hannie

Love the "side show", what a way to add depth to your shot...  ;D
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Looks like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing!

We're going to the Grand Canyon in September for our vacation this year. I need to practice with my camera before then as I've forgotten how to get to some of the settings. I'm blaming age for my rusty memory. Two more years and I go on Medicare (where did the time go?).
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Tori, what a great trip to look forward to!
Don't make my mistake by photographing the Canyons at noon, they were very boring shots.  :(
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Tori, don't fill bad as I was in the same boat having not used the camera for awhile. Case in point, I want Camera Raw and when I got to the menu where it was it didn't look right, but right next to the Large was Raw. Yeah, it meant large jpg and that I needed to scroll through all of that and then it would come back up to the top on the second row for Raw. I had forgotten. Have a great trip and get lots of photos--early morning and late before sun sets.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Great trip to look forward to Tori. We look forward to seeing some of your favorite pics here!

Mike S.

Victoria,

I hope you and yours have a lot of fun and are safe on vacation.  Hope to see all the great photos on your return.

Mike
Mike S.