• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinion on WIP MatthewsS

Started by andrewturner1983, July 23, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewturner1983

Hi All,

Currently trying to fix this photo and have hit a brick wall.  Really struggling to recreate two items of furniture any suggestions would be welcome.

Julia

andrewturner1983

Thank you will take a look. 

Shadow

Hi Andrew. Looking really good so far. Am wondering if that is a doorway and frame to the left (looking at screen) of the door? This sure is a tough one. Maybe better eyes can weigh in with some useful suggestions. Good luck!

Hannie

Perhaps the blue channel can give you more information.
If not, don't worry too much about the missing furniture, the subject is probably the most important in this photo!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

andrewturner1983

Thanks Shadow has been a tough one to do been learning a lot of different ways to fix things.  Also a few ways that don't lol.  Thanks Hannie looked at the blues channel and was hoping to use it but the general shape is there but I'm not sure I have enough skill to repaint all that area with so little original pixels to copy from.  Attempts so far have been less than successful.  Might have another go. 

Shadow

Hi Andrew. You have come SO far! Tried something here ... your distributor would have to OK this but you might find it helpful anyway. Here is the image as a portrait orientation. (Click image to get full size) When you go to the full size you can see there is still some damage in the image. Used Threshold layer to get B & W points on your image. Then added a Curves Adj to open the image up some and then a masked Hue/Sat Adj to take out the Magenta and Red on the back wall. Maybe one of the color gurus could offer a tip for improving her skin tone a bit? Admire you for taking this on!  :)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

andrewturner1983

Hi Shadow thanks for the tip.  Think I'm going to speak with distributor about the image.  Like the adjustments made to the image.  Curves and hue definitely add something to the image.
Might just see if I can restore the image sans the damaged furniture.  Will probably look better than any attempt I've made to recreate it.