• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My first photo

Started by macieklew, March 05, 2007, 07:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macieklew

Hmm ... I can see all the images now. Strange

klassylady25

I can see them now.  Ok, who took my glasses again?  :o)

macieklew

what do you think now?

glennab

Hi SP-D

Are you sure you didn't post the original photo again?  I don't see much difference between that and the current one.  I still see a lot of dust, and that can be healed out with a small brush in no time.  I don't know how to suggest you deal with the yellow cast at the bottom of the photo and the dark area on the woman's left sleeve as we look at her.  I tried several things and made them worse.  I thought dodging and burning would do it.  Maybe Max can step in with that part.  He's so good at that.  I couldn't find a way to mask off that area and use levels or curves -- even tried selective color and that didn't do much.  I need a guru, and I need one NOW!

Best wishes to you.  What's the weather like in Scotland?

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi,

Thanks for the dob-in Glenna, I had a quick fiddle with it - for the right sleeve I selected it (I use paths for most of my selections, make sure you save your selections in case you want to use them again) and adjusted with levels.

The discoloured band across the lower skirt, I selected it again with paths making an irregular selection through the pattern, I got it as close as I could in levels adjusting the green channel, then flattened the image - I used the burn tool set to highlights at 10 % to go over the top part of the dress to reduce the blown effect, then new layer set to colour mode and I selected the background colour of the dress near the top and the on the new layer painted over the discoloured area with that colour at 100% then reduced the layer opacity till it blended well.

Just remember this photo was taken with flash, so the lighting effect will vary and the dress should get darker towards the bottom.

I hope this will help, what I have done is rough I spent no more than 5 min on this, it is just to show what may be possible.

Max 

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, not being a photographer of any consequence, I hadn't thought of the flash creating the discrepancy in shading.  I knew you'd come through!  Is that yellowish-greenish cast at the bottom part of the same syndrome, or is that something that can be adjusted? I wonder if the candles are white, and the yellow is affecting them as well as the gentleman's trousers.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)