• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

School picture

Started by coopmj, July 11, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi Everyone,

I could use a few more eyes here.  Please let me know if I've missed anything. Not so sure about the skin color...

Thanks!

Mary

Original

WIP

Shadow

Mary, looking really good so far. Wonderful cleanup. On my screen the skin seems to be a bit red in spots. (Like the right side of her face looking at the screen.) On her right shoulder there's a strip you might soften.

coopmj

Yes, I've definitely been struggling with all the red.  This looks a bit better I think. 

philbach

I agree with Shadow.  Looking at the enlarged portion under her left eye is undersaturated and darker.  under her nose its somewhat darker and undersaturated.   It looks like it will be difficult to fix since there are Hue saturation and lightness areas that need fixing.  I fiddled with it a little.  Using the dodge and saturation and color.  But it still is not right. 

phil

Mhayes

Mary, what a challenge you picked and you have come a long way. I took Phil's version and worked on it. There are some problems I didn't fix that will have to be dealt with: (1) middle of neck by collar blueish, (2) ear on your LH is purple, (3) her skin looks dirty, (4) blouse is too discolored. I worked on #3 and #4

#3 Duplicated the layer and added a Gaussian blur filter of about 2.4 pixels and then did a layer mask concealing all. I then chose a soft brush at about 64% and changed by brush to conceal all and brush just her face and neck to get a smoother blending. I don't want her skin to look plastic, but I do want to smooth things out and now she doesn't look so dirty. I then did a merge visible layer to work next on the blouse.

#4 For the blouse I added a layer as soft light and checked the box for 50% gray. Picking a soft brush with foreground white and an opacity (played with this--start low and work up) around 34% and I think I worked up to 60%+. Needs more work to get the blue out, but came to a stopping point.

Not finished, but hope helpful.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coopmj

Thank you all so much for your help! These suggestions make it look so much better. I definitely fell into a bad cycle of adding new and different layers which only ended up making it more blotchy. We are away for a few days but as soon as I get back on Tuesday I'll take a fresh look and repost. Stay tuned!!

Thanks again,

Mary

Hannie

Perhaps some the little bags under her eyes can be brought back?
Great job so far!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

its looking much better. 
phil

coopmj

Here's the latest version.  I've tried to incorporate all your suggestions.  Let me know if I'm still missing anything. This one was definitely harder than it looked in the gallery and I'm happy to make additional corrections.

Thanks!

Mary

Mhayes

Mary, I think you did a great job! Now you can go have a drink.  :cool:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

coopmj

Thanks again, everyone! I'll send it back, enjoy that drink (or two), and then it's on to the next picture! :)