• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Noisy Photo

Started by philbach, July 09, 2018, 08:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hi.  Here is the original photo.  It has a lot of multicolor noise in it.  I suspect this was in the original photo possibly due to the camera being set at a very high iso value.  So should I try to deal with this problem or just ignore it.  Thanks.

phil

Lynnya

Hi phil..I would check with your distributor or Margie but if I were doing it I'd attempt to get rid of it. Good luck and look forward to your final  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Thanks Lynnya.  I did check with my distributor and she thought it would be a good idea as well.
phil

Bambi

I selected the girl, Expanded the selection by 33 and Feathered 30, selected the Inverse. It looks like Reduce Color Noise at 100 and Reduce Noise 3 smooths it out so it's not so distracting, but not too blurry.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Hi.  Before I read Bambi's post, I copied the layer and added a layer mask to select the background.   I then used the Camera Raw/Detail/Luminance and color filters to blur the background.

phil

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Really nice Phil.  :up:
And thanks for showing your process Bambi.

philbach

Thanks, Shadow.  In both cases Bambi and I used photoshops filters.   I did try Neat Image and Nik's Define first but I got the best results with Photoshops filters. 
phil