• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Not so mellow yellow

Started by Shadow, June 30, 2018, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Knee deep in yellow here! Below is orig and one with an Auto Curves layer. How do I tame the yellow cast? So far everything I've tried takes me to almost black and white. All your wisdom welcome!!

Candice

Candice

Shadow

Not my exact words Candy but close enough!!  :funny:

Mhayes

Wow Shadow! I think you did a great job just getting this far. I thought maybe doing a gray point adjustment might work and it didn't. My other thought is to use what you have and add a new layer and made the mode "color." Use a soft brush and very low opacity and pick color for the children's faces and build up. And then later work on the red knee caps.

Maybe a good time to start drinking?  ;)  Good luck and maybe you will get some better tips.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. We went with ice cream instead  ;)   Started over and this is where we are. By all means, jump in if you have some ideas! We'll fix you a delicious rootbeer float  :)

Lynnya

Oh wow Lyn.. this is going so well.. not an easy one for sure...lookin good :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Margie. Tess ran this little bugger through a Kodak digital roc filter and got some good colors. So, started over again and this is where we are. Sure would appreciate some good eyes gang!

Hannie

Starting to look great Lyn!  :up2:
Tess's ROC helped a lot too. 
You can try upping the Vibrance and Contrast, |I tried that here.
You would still need to use Margie's tip, a color layer and repair skin, blotches etc. (can't do that myself at the moment)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

:wnw:  Thanks Hannie! Upped the Vibrance and contrast and then went back & added more of Miss Margie's magic  ::)  Send them home??

Mhayes

Wow! All of the tips put it over the top. Great job Shadow!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

High Shadow.  One filter that may help or might have helped is the Dehaze filter in photoshop.  Open the image and select the Camera Raw Filter in photoshop and try dehaze.   I just did that to your photo.  It does seem to bring out saturation in desaturated areas.
Just a  fyi

phil

Shadow

Thanks Margie!  :hug:

Wow Phil! Just checked and that little gem is only available on cloud subscriptions of PS or LR.    :mad:  For all with PS CC or LR CC, check out the Haze Filter!

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

coopmj

Kiska, this is great, thank you!! :loveit: