• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Empty Basket

Started by Shadow, June 20, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Poor little one ... no eggs in her basket!  ::)   How's this look gang? How can I improve the face?  :P

Tori803

This is a tough little photo. You might try the Shadow/Highlights adjustment to lighten the face...
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Shadow

Thanks Tori! Always seem to forget that little gem. Too much?

Lynnya

Looks great Lyn.. In my op.. you could dial back the lightness on the face a smidge  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lyn,

I like this trick the best and it is non-destructive since it is on it's own layer. Go to the top menu bar for layer>add New Layer>Pull down menu>Mode: Soft Light>made sure to check box: Fill with Soft light neutral color (50% gray). Pick a soft brush and I usually go up to opacity and start low like 15% or lower. If you want to lighten, make sure your foreground is white, and if you want to darken, have your foreground black. Also, use the short cut key X to toggle back and forth between light and dark.

On the girl's face facing the sun's light will be lighter and the other half will be darker and basically half/half. This is my favorite technique for shading--it can be very subtle and you can keep building up.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks for the good eyes Lynn and thanks for the tip Margie! Will give it a go.

Bambi

I use Margie's technique so often I made an Action for it. I use the Burn/Dodge Tool because it lets you target Highlights, Midtones or Shadows.

Shadow

Thanks Bambi. Tried all the suggestions. Sure appreciate the feedback. Final?

Hannie

Margie's tip did it, looks great Shadow!

One more tip:  zoom in at pixel level on the face and repair a few dots of damage and she will look as good as new!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie. Look out pixels, here we come!  ::)

Lynnya

Great job Lyn  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow