• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady in a peter pan collar

Started by Lynnya, June 13, 2018, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. this is my color correction for this image so far.. it may change a tad later.. comments welcome..also.. looking at it again. I assumed that the image of a person to the right was a shadow of the photographer but now I'm not sure.. is it  superimposed damage from another image? Your thoughts please..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

I would say shadow, but the lack of a shadow from the woman does make you wonder. I will try and see if the family knows.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

It is shadow, the lady's shadow is almost completely blocked by herself but it is visible.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

yeah.. I think you are right Hannie.. cos it's not on the border it's in the image..right then... onwards I shall go..

Bambi

The shadow is what makes it such a wonderful photograph. I love this one.

Shadow

Cool photo. Look forward to your final Lynn.

Lynnya

need helping eyes please... I just don't know how much of the background to "clean up" at this point.. I don't want to lose the feel of the image but .... well... I'm stuck.. all suggestions welcome..

Shadow

Sure have come a long way Lynn. Looking good so far. On her face, is that shadow or damage over her right eye (looking at screen)? Hopefully others will weigh in on the background.  :)

Lynnya

thanks Lyn... will check that out and hopefully hear from others re background..

Bambi

The Patch Tool in Normal>Destination might help with the blurred and discolored parts of the trees. They don't have to be exactly the same, just not distracting. Then go after the bushes on the right with the Spot Healing brush and remove a lot of the clone marks. The marks on the shadow are damage. Cleanup an area and then use that part with the Patch>Normal>Destination.

I'm sure you know how to do that, or even have a better way. Clean it up so it doesn't distract from the woman.

Lynnya

Thanks Bambi.. my head is not where it should be.. :cool:  needed some direction.. much appreciated.. should be able to complete this now :hug:

Lynnya

Hi guys.. I don't know why I'm struggling so much with this image.. I could come up with a load of excuses.. :P
this is where I'm at.. need eyes please..

Shadow

Hey girl. Think Bambi's suggestion will help with the clean up on the shadow and the ground left side of image. Thinking those dark spots are damage. Could certainly be wrong! It's a common occurrence in my home  ;D 
Good luck. You'll get there!  ;)

Hannie

Looking good Lynn, I think Shadow is right about the dark marble like spots on the stairs.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Hannie... will work onnit some more today... :up:  sure appreciate the help.