• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photoshop help!

Started by Shadow, May 29, 2018, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey gang. Opened up Photoshop and all my preferences and actions were gone and the silly program had been reset to all default settings.  :-\  Has anyone else experienced something like this? Only thing different today was a Firefox update.
SO ... tweaked preferences etc and went to open new restore that started last night. This is what I get. Nothing will open the image. (Its a TIFF file - same as always.) Any suggestions?

Give me patience or shoot me now!!  :knuppel: :knuppel: :knuppel:

kiska

Try "save as" in another app, then open in ps.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Photoshop is quite selective in the format of a TIFF image, Kiska's tip should work.

Are you opening the files from within Photoshop, or are you double-clicking on the files themselves?
Sometimes when you double-click a file created in an older/changed version of PS, the file won't open.
If you instead first start up PS and go to File > Open, you should be able to open "old" TIFF files.

Strange that PS went back to default settings.  In the past I have had some changes in setting, lost some plugins or my Wacom tablet de installed itself.  I think that may be caused by Windows update (not so transparent these days), malware/AV scanners or perhaps even FF updates.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Kiska and Hannie!!  :wnw:  Finally got it opened in Win Pic Viewer. PS wouldn't open it as a TIFF (different name and location) though so went back and used BMP. Lost my layers but do have the image without any additional compression. Thanks again.  :hug:

Lynnya

Oh boy..glax you got your image tho lyn... :D
never giving up......learning from others as I go...