• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ready to Graduate

Started by coopmj, May 29, 2018, 03:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi All,

I definitely need some eyes on this one.  Let me know what I'm missing

Thanks!

Mary

Original

WIP

Shadow

Hi Mary. Really nice cleanup so far! Think the yellowish cast might be damage. Downloaded your orig and tried a couple tricks I've learned here on the mighty forum. See what you think. (There are other ways to accomplish the same thing and hopefully the color gurus will weigh in to offer some.) This is just really fast ... Added a Curves Adj layer. Merged the layers and then added a Hue/Sat. I reduced the yellow and then painted the mask so the adjustment is to the bkgd. Sampled the wall color above the lady on the left (looking at the screen). Added a new layer and filled with the sampled color. Then added a layer mask and painted with white and low opacity over the areas of the wall on the right to even out the color some more. Good luck. Look forward to your final.

coopmj

Hi Shadow, I actually thought the yellow cast was just weird lighting since their faces have kind of a yellow/orange/red cast as well.  Whatever it was, it was distracting and I think your solution makes the photo look much better.  Let me know what other corrections I should make.  Maybe their faces are a little too red now?  I'll play around with it some more.

Thanks!

Mary

Lynnya

Hi Mary lookin good! maybe yes reduce the red in the two women on the right of the screen?  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Beautiful Mary. Agree ... reduce the red and maybe use a dodge/burn layer and lighten them a wee bit too? Nice job on the arm.

Mshake

Really nice work Mary. All I can suggest is some shadow along the inside arm and dress of the lady on the left of the photo. You can see it in the original.
Mike

coopmj

Thank you all!  I think it is much improved with all your suggestions.  If you see anything else, I'm happy to keep going on it.

Mary

Lynnya

Hi Mary.. lookin really good.. one small pic.. the girl in the middle? the left side of her neck (on screen) looks like there is color missing... looks grey.. I would create an empty layer in color mode, sample the right side of her neck and paint over.. may have to reduce the opacity some.. You've done a beautiful job Mary..  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Looking great and with Lynn's color layer tip it'll be even better!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

coopmj

Great, I'll fix up the neck, give it one last go over and send it back.  Thank you all again for your help!

Mary

Shadow

Thanks for sharing. You do really nice work Mary!

Candice

Candice