• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Getting the mud out

Started by Johnboy, March 03, 2007, 11:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

I may be getting closer in obtaining a subtler blue wall. I drug a copy of Kiska's file to my desktop and opened it. Then tried samples from the two areas marked. The area on the right showed a dark sample similar to what I had originally. If you look in Kiska's post, notice the book just under the right most leaf on the plant on the bookcase. You will see a white circle next to the book. That is the area I took the sample used in the earlier post. Since that gave the more vibrant color I ruled that selection out. When I tried Kiska's sample  from the center it seemed to be lighter. Below is the change using the color pick from that center area.

Kiska, may I ask what you did in the cmyk-curves layer and what shift(s) you made in the Hue/Saturation layer? I really like the color result you obtained.  :up:

Please eagle eye for anything else I may need to touch up. In my former life, I would have client's ooh & aah over a poster or brochure only to miss the misspelled words.

JB

kiska

JB;

The cmyk thing is a Katrin Eismann trick. I use it mostly for skin tones, as it is easier for me to manipulate the yellows and magentas.

Do levels and curves on the original.

Duplicate, flat, the adjusted original.

Image>mode>cmyk the duplicate.

Image>adjustments>curves

For these skin tones I lessened the yellow and increased the magenta a little.

Select All>Copy>Paste the cmyk as the top layer in your original. Change the blend to color.

The hue/sat was a slight decrease in the master.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Johnboy

Johnboy

I have been playing some more. Hopefully this photo is ready to send home. There are two versions of the wall one is blue and one is green.

Blue wall:

Green wall:

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Since this is my first one it has been a long learning curve for me.

JB

glennab

Hi JB

You did a fine job!  I'd say you can be proud to send this photo back to its family.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Nice job, JB the owners should be thrilled with your efforts.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!