• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A lady and her Dodge

Started by Shadow, May 07, 2018, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Back with another fun easy one. Did Curves and then a B&W with the High Contrast Red filter. Merged all and then used the marquee tool, selected the area around the left upper side and then used Content Aware Scale to ease it slightly to the left to fill in the gap from the frame. Did another Merge All for cleanup. Then added yet another Merge all and converted it to a Smart Object and Added Shadow Highlight Adjustment to perk up the midtones a bit. (If you want to use Shadow/Highlights and keep it like an Adjustment Layer you can go back to and tweak as needed, use a Merge All, Convert to Smart Object and then add Sh/H. Stays adjustable as long as it's a smart object.) Used Hannie's Frame tip and here we are. Which one do you prefer? With/without contrast boost? Oh, and by all means, if you see something I missed please let me know. Thanks gang!  :)

Orig

Color corrected

Contrast boost with Shadow/Highlights

Lynnya

Both look great to me lyn..beautiful job..only thing and I don't know if it mattets..hannie mentioned shadows and highlights was destructive...

On a big screen I'd prob like a tad of contrast but I'm sitting in a field in texas and squinting at my phone.. :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Welcome to the heat here in Texas.  :cool:  Did the Sh/H on a merged layer / smart object. That way it can be tweaked as needed or discarded. Maybe one day Adobe will listen to Hannie and make it an Adjustment layer but until then, it's a good workaround. Did that make sense? Thanks for taking a look and sharing your feedback.  :hug:

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Lynn, you can use Shadows/Highlight adjustments tool in Photoshop as much as you like.  When I said that it is destructive I meant that it can only be used from the the drop down menu, it does not have its own (non destructive) panel.  Once used you cannot adjust it afterwards like you can with Levels, Curves, Color Balance etc.

If you are comfortable with Smart Objects you can do as Shadow suggested. 
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mshake

Nice job on this one, love the Dodge truck since I drive one.  I have a couple suggestions for you Shadow. The trucks roofline in the upper left needs to be extended to cover the original border and meet your new border. Alternatively, you could also extend your border down to cover that area. I would also add a gaussian blur to the border so the edge isn't so sharp.
Mike

Shadow

Good catch Mike. Thanks. Fixed it and am sending her home.

Lynnya

Good info on the shadows highlights...now I'll use them thanks Hannie...great jo bvb lyn.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...