• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby's first steps

Started by coopmj, April 25, 2018, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering about the color here?  Does it look ok to you all?  The baby was a bit blown out in the original and I tried to reduce that but I might have made it worse.  Also, as you can see in the original there was a second foot way down in the lower right.  I was unable to recreate it without making a complete mess so I took it out.  I hope that's ok.  I didn't want the focus to be on a deformed-looking foot instead of the baby.

Let me know what you find.  Happy to make any corrections.

Thanks!

Mary

Original

Restore

Lynnya

Hi mary..will check it out on big screen tomorrow
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Phooey. On a little screen as well. From what I can see it looks good.

Lynnya

Jeez..were all awol..cocktail hour??

Mshake

Just a suggestion, add a hue saturation layer and reduce the reds by 30. As far as the partial foot, personally I think it's fine the way you handled it but I'm not sure the QC peeps will. All your repairs look great with one minor thing. He has a little bump out on his right leg that I would fix. 
Mike

Hannie

In the original the baby is blown out but worse is that the only skin tone left is yellow.
I would color correct the baby separately from the rest of the image and try to get some skin color back with layer masks.  It will stay blown out probably.

The foot seems OK to me because there is not enough detail in the blue channel to recover it?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Good luck Mary.. I'm sure you'll fix it  :up:

coopmj

I took out some reds and yellows and tried to un-blowout the baby a little bit, but I've looked at this so long I can't tell if I made it better. 

Lynnya

Hi Mary... I feel your pain.. I get so I have no clue how it looks if I've been at it a while.. I tried doing a levels adjustment reds greens and blue and it brought back some of the pink in the baby.. then upped the contrast a tad.. try that see if it helps you.  Show us when you're done.  Look forward to seeing the final.  :up:

Hannie

Mary, what if the background was darker, perhaps than the paleness of the baby seems to fit the image better?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

coopmj

I think I've set a record for how many adjustment layers I've tried!  :funny:  This one works a bit better for me.  The baby is a little pinker and the background a little darker.

Hannie

I know Mary, those layers sure add up afterr a while. :D
The original was bad to start with and you made it look better!  :up:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Mary..that looks really on my tiny screen  :up: :up:

Shadow

coopmj

Thanks for your help everyone!

Mary