• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Coach

Started by Shadow, April 09, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Trying to decide best way to clean up background. Here tried the Blue Channel copied to a new layer with Luminosity mode to see the background. Tweaked the color/brightness some because it was so bright. Which background do you think is most accurate ... 2 or 3? Thanks!  :)
Original

2  Color Corrected and some cleanup on faces

3  Background using Blue Channel/Luminosity Mode Layer

Mshake

I'm going with #2.
Mike

Hannie

Not sure Lyn, seems like the blue channel gives an impression of clouds but I also like the second one better.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

# 2 for me too Lyn.. good luck.. s'gonna be good  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks for the feedback gang. #2 it is.

Shadow

This is where we are so far. More cleanup to go. Any suggestions for improving the background? Know some of you out there do amazing stuff with hair, how would you approach the girl's hair? Thanks gang!

Bambi

The hair doen't look that difficult. I use the Spot Healing Brush on a 300 percent enlargement to fix the tiniest spots, then the clean spots as base for the Cloning tool for slightly bigger spots. Then I copy and paste pieces and warp them into shape to cover larger areas of damage.

Shadow

What say you ... final?  ::)

Lynnya

Looks really good Lyn.. tiny pic.. maybe darken the girls hair just a tad? maybe multiply, reduce opacity and mask? or not....  :up: :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks Lynn. Will give it a go.  :)  Used a Dodge/Burn layer and darkened the hair and sent them home. Thanks all.