• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Army Soldier

Started by Lynnya, April 10, 2018, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Lynn, I'm asking my brother for help.  At this point he said it could be on the top row, second from the left.  Not too many that shape he said.
Did you find out where this picture was taken or what state?

Here's the link he shared.  http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/f/0/50-us-army-unit-insignia-shoulder-amp-sleeve-military-patches-hook-back-lot-652-be9495a69a229d03baf9cc311bd8df19.jpg
Candice

Lynnya

Hi Candy... thanks so much for your helping hand... and your brother.. the shape is right but I don't see the stars or the pattern inside being the same.. it might be tho.. I have a call into Margie for some info from the family... :hug:

this is the patch that shadow found for me... the inside looks similar don't you think?? I think he's in somewhere south like Louisiana but I'm only guessing.. trees and southern...

https://www.usamilitarymedals.com/products/louisiana-national-guard-multicam-ocp-patch
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I understand why you think that.  And he may be in the NG in Louisiana.  I'll be curious to know what the answer is.  My brother retired from the Army after 25 years. 

Here's a source you might like.  http://leversetdujour.info/united-states-army-units.html#
Candice

Shadow

Neat site Candy. Thanks for sharing.

Lynnya

Thanks Candy... Margie is checking with the family.. it'll be interesting to know..

Mhayes

Lynn,

I got this answer this evening from the owner:

QuoteThanks Margie.  I truly appreciate it.   He was in the U S Army. Thank you and everyone for trying to help us restore some of the pictures that got damage.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, by chance, did they say where this picture was taken?
Candice

Mhayes

Candy, sorry no she didn't. I mentioned the heart on the photo and this is the reply back, and what keeps us going even when a photo seems so hard to restore.

QuoteMargie,
Thanks again...I just wanted our children to have one or two photos of their dad since he's  no longer with us and the rest got destroyed. Seems like a heart around him.....doesn't it?    For he is in our hearts forever.

I can't think you and everyone enough for this.

When all the photos are ready to go to QC and then to print, Bambi ask Jan if maybe 3 of this photo?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Need really good eyes on my dear soldier..

Candice

Looks like he's coming along very well. Might add a little more camo under the arm area.   Also take a look at his right boot again.  It's not in the same position as the original. 
Candice

Lynnya

Do you mean where the bag is under his arm. ?..
Will recheck boot..thanks candy

Shadow

Looking good. Are you leaving the heart?

Mhayes

Shadow, no on the heart. It was nice in one way, but it was damage.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Is this foot better... looks it to me.. also darkened the shoulder strap a tad to show map bag..comments please..

Lynnya

I lightened it just a tad.. is it better.. have at it peoples and dogs...