• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Day

Started by karen11554, March 30, 2018, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen11554

HI All,

Not quite done with this restoration but the color balance is driving me crazy!  Suggestions?

Lynnya

Hi Karen... Others will probably have solutions as well.. If you do an adjustment layer in levels.. red green and blue separately it really brings the colors back to normal... you probably know this already but holding down the alt key when pulling in the sliders will show any clipping... try that and see if it helps..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

the white on her dress  could be brighter but this was a simple levels adjust and a neutral gray spot on his shoe in curves...

Shadow

Another one from the tricky-color-correction group! Lynn's tips will help. Good luck. Look forward to seeing your WIPs!

Hannie

Karen, like Shadow said this is another difficult color correction.  After doing Levels it is hard to find a suitable gray point in in Curves.
I think your WIP has too much blue, Lynn's version has a lot less blue cast bust still some. 
You may have to add more red and even use layer masks to keep the skin tone and walls in the back from becoming too red.
Sampling the white dress and keeping an eye on the Info panel will help you.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

karen11554

Thanks for all the advice... I think I'm done?

Lynnya

Looking on my phone screen Karen it looks great !!! :up: :up:

Mhayes

Karen, great job and kudos to all of you that worked on these wedding photos.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow