• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young boy on the path

Started by Lynnya, March 30, 2018, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

What next.. I can't see the woods for the trees.. what are you seeing.. :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hmmm, couple little things draw my eye. The car in back - overlay the orig and widen it back up a bit maybe? The sidewalk and other expanses of white - maybe do your magic and add some concrete texture and bring down the brightness some? You've worked wonders with the legs! One little pic, on the right leg, do you see the streak on the inside? You are almost there girl. Good luck! Eager to see the final.

Mshake

I like what you've done to this so far.  What I see is the shadows to my eye are off a bit. For him, the ground shadow I think it should come more towards the 8 o'clock position instead of 9 o'clock. Looking at his shirt and pants his right side is in shadow so I'm thinking his right leg should be in shadow and each leg on it's right side should be in shadow too. Looking at the car in the background on the left, add a shadow to the street to match the scene.

I would also go with Shadows suggestions and also add one of those cracks in the sidewalk run in the foreground and maybe one behind him between him and the driveway.

After that, I would call it done. Nice job!
Mike

battleaxe

Looks good.  Though his feet are like your first pick.  I also think he is holding a skate board when I look at the Magenta channel though that could be damage.

Lynnya

Thanks all for great comments.. all very helpful indeed. BA I'm thinking you may be right about the skate board.. I never thought to look in the cmyk channels!!! duh... that would explain why his leg looks a bit bent to the side.. it's the board leaning against it...... maybe....hmmm

back to the drawing board??

this is the magenta channel

Hannie

Good catch BA!  It really does look like it could be a skateboard.

I have been wanting to try my bookmarked short and sweet tutorial on how to make shadows (not little dogs) for a while and could not resist trying it out on your project Lynn.  It was fun to do, not sure if the angle is right or the length bu all that is easily adjusted in the process.

tutorial:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_GOfAc3qTE

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Wow Hannie that looks great!! not sure if the angle is right but it looks real.. board looks great too!  will check out the vid and re work some stuff.. Thanks!!

Shadow

Cool tip Hannie! Thanks for the example and link.  :)

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I'm still at it... need your eyes please.. what needs doing here...Thanks in advance  :hug:

Mshake

From where you started to where it is now, fantastic job Lynn! The only suggestion I have now is to add a little blur to his shadow and after that, I would say he is ready to go home.   :up:
Mike

Lynnya

Thanks Mike.. will do that.. thanks for all your help..

Shadow

Looking SOOO good! Wee little thing ... copy the bottom wheel on the right (looking at screen) to the top axle same side. Wonderful restore Lynn!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks dearie for all your help... that wheel doesn't show up cos of the white concrete.. will do as you say.. :hug: Great having such good eyes in the forum.. makes for such a better end product.. :up:

coopmj

Wow!!  Amazing job on this!