• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newest image...

Started by RosyBijou, March 02, 2007, 09:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosyBijou

I think I've made a good deal of progress here...  Still have a lot of tweaking of her left arm and  depth work  in the area under her right arm. 

I split Mary's thoughts--slightly softened the brow but left the hair as it was.  I found a picture of my grandmother from the same era and she had a very similar texture & length to this lady.  The back was very soft, just like this is, so even though the curls probably are more realistic, I think that was just a function of the photographic focusing of the time.

This is the color tone that I've been working with.  I was thinking that I would lighten it just a bit...  Not as much as in the others that I've posted...

Be gentle...   :-\
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Kenny

Kerry, it looks excellent! The only two issues I see are the areas directly below her arms, near her elbows:

A little attention with the healing brush to blend those in and I'd say she's ready to go home!  :up:

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

GP

Kerry, I agree it looks excellent! The only thing I would tweek a little more is her left elbow, the line representing the end of her forearm is extending to far down ( compare it to her right arm ). The elbow itself could be slimmed dowm a little too.

G.
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Hi Kerry

I'm with Kenny on the elbows.  I think that they should rest on the table in a more natural manner, and then you'd need to render some shadow to coincide with the rest of the image. I'm not enough of an art expert to know if there's a way to give the table perspective, but its flatness does bother me.  Nit picky stuff for a super job.  I think she's absolutely lovely.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

RosyBijou

It occurred to me when I was re-doing that left arm, I think that the part that I was interpreting as a chair is actually her hair, with a faded chunk out of it... Looking further down is just a tiny amount of  the dark--I thought it was just damage, but it lines up with how her hair would fall----and the chair didn't really make visual sense anyway.....  so I did some quick cloning and I think that it works-- Tomorrow I will make it look less cloned.

As to her arm, what do you think?  I think her right elbow is getting closer--her left is actually behind that table corner.  I'll try the shadowing tomorrow too...

I forgot to put the frame back on before saving for web, but the oval comes pretty close to the elbows... 

The table perspective has been bugging me right from the start...  Maybe increasing the shadow on the bottom of the vignette--it's there, but not very dark on the framed pic in my previous post.

Think I need to take a break...  Thanks all, for the feedback...

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Ausimax

Hi Kerry,

The hair looks OK, better option than the chair back, the thing that bothers me is her right elbow, it looks like the edge of the table cuts through it, rather than it resting ON the table.

Otherwise looking good. :up2:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

GP

Kerry that looks now pretty close with her left arm, maybe a touch more rounding the top line of her forearm by adding a little shadow to soften the line. But if you leave it like it is it will be great too! And I agree with your solution on her hair going down the back  ^-^
To solve the problem with the table - could you tighten up the vignette to cover that part?? That would also solve the problem with her elbows on the table. There is no real telling how the original vignette looked like.
G.

RosyBijou

thanks, guys.  Yeah, still working on the elbows and table, but I'm pleased with progress so far.  As to the size of the vignette, I was going to message Christine about that--the image is tagged as a 5x7.  But when I duplicated the vignette boundaries that were visible on the original image, it is clearly scaled to an 8.5x11.  Should I keep to the vignette as it was or re-vignette it so that it fits into the 5x7 ratio?  (My inclination is to keep it at the 8.5x11 ratio as it was originally intended...  If it is easier for OPR, I can even leave the vignette off (maybe try to fade the table into the same tones as the background... ?)

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

RosyBijou

... But I like it with the vignette...  :)
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

klassylady25

I like it all......... lovely progress!!   :loveit:

RosyBijou

Already sent on her way, but thought you'd like to see how she ended...  When I looked at her this morning, I saw more little things to change... but I think that there will always be just one more tweak.....  (Besides, she told me that she was tired of me poking at her!)

Many thanks for all the advice!   :loveit:

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

GP

Kerry, she looks lovely. Great job  :up:

glennab

Kerry, I'm so glad you posted the final.  She looks wonderful. Her heirs should be thrilled to have her back looking so gorgeous!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

zapphnath

She looks great - although a little annoyed at the constant poking  :) .

I know what you mean about always being able to find more that needs to be done.  I'm the same way.  Then again, there is such a thing as going too far - sometimes "good enough" is good enough, eh?