• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Taking a Short Break

Started by Mhayes, March 18, 2018, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I will be absent for a little while as I recuperate from knee surgery this last Thursday. I had meniscus repair and just need to take it easy for awhile. Will be back soon.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Get well soon Margie!  :hug:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Get well soon Margie... Hubby had that twice and wants you to know stationary bike will rehab that knee better than anything.. surgeon told him that and it really works.. he says you can borrow his if you like... :hug:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

jesterjeni

I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Shadow

Wishing you a speedy recovery Margie! Remember, don't overdue!  :)

coopmj

Take care, I hope you're up and about very soon!

Candice

Get well soon.  You'll be missed, Margie! 
Candice

Pat

Knee surgery is no fun.  Take it easy  :hug: Hope you are back on your feet real soon Margie
Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Marydh

So sorry Margie.  I hope you are up and around very soon.
❤️Mary

Mshake

Hope you have a quick recovery.
Mike

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the well wishes and meant to answer sooner than I have, but sitting at the computer is not comfortable so I avoid it for now. It was a bit more than I expected and since it wasn't a knee replacement; I thought it would be a breeze--it wasn't. However, after 2 weeks I can walk semi-normal with the exception of getting out of the car on the driver's side. Getting in I slide the worked leg with the injured knee in semi-gracefully (translates: not at all). The harder part is getting out, the left leg is out, but the right leg doesn't seem to belong to me so I drag it out straight as a board except for a minor bend by the car door. Slowly the right leg drops to the ground like a new born calf. I glance around hoping no one is watching and then start walking.

That is all progress because getting out of surgery the same day and departure was more comedy--but painful. The hospital staff wheels you out to your car and my sister and brother-in_law are there to drive and assist. I didn't have enough pain medication to get from the wheel chair to crutches to the car without a lot of pain. I decide I can't go home because I can't do stairs. What I didn't know was I couldn't do crutches or anything more than looking like a deer caught in the headlights. So we go to a motel with a handicap room and parking in front. I get out of the car and can't manage the incline. After perched on my crutches for some time, the manager comes out and offers to help lift me to the side walk. He is about 6'3" and Joe, my brother-in-law, is 5'6". I knew I was about to be pitched head first on to the sidewalk, but they got it done. Both are probably under a chiropractor's care by now. I then couldn't figure out how to get over the door landing, so the manger gets a chair from inside and has me sit on it as he drags me tilted like a trash container to the bed where I am able to lie down. Interesting enough that after hr or so after taking a pain pill; I could walk with a walker when I got up. I can hardly wait till I do the 2nd knee (better condition) which was to happen 3 weeks later but will wait a few more months.

Thanks again and will be more active soon.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Margie, you funny girl! Wishing you good days from here on out!

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro