• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fireplace Scene

Started by coopmj, March 16, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi All,

I'm working on this fireplace scene and am about to begin the picture over the mantle.  I'm wondering about the area near the zebras' heads.  It almost looks like heavily layered paint (and the tan portion of the frame does seem to have brushstrokes), but on the other hand, it might be damage.  I've circled the areas.  Please take a look and let me know what you think. 

Thanks!

Mary

Original

WIP

Mshake

The area by the zebras looks like damage to me. I see the same yellowish colored spots on the wall to the right. I think your right on the frame though, looks like some sort of textured frame so I don't think that's damage. Nice job on the rest of it.  :up:
Mike

Tess (Tassie D)

It looks like a wicker frame to me.
Something like this only wrapped differently.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jesterjeni

It looks like damage in the corners- and I agree about the frame- it is coming along quite nicely - I don't know if this will help or not - but it shows  up clearer here

Shadow

Tess's pic is what I was thinking for the frame and the spots you circled do look like damage to me. Good luck. Look forward to your next WIP.

coopmj

Damage it is!  (Jesterjeni how did you get it to show up so well? It's very clear that it's damage in your picture.)

Thanks, everyone!

jesterjeni

I used my anti-muck-muck machine..
years of practice I suppose...and a bit of sharpening

coopmj

Just finishing this up.  Let me know if there's more muck muck to get rid of!  :)

Original

Restore

Shadow

Hey Coop. On my screen there is a Cyan cast on the left hand side.  Looking good otherwise  :up:

Tess (Tassie D)

The bottom left, circled in red, appears to be a photo in an octagonal frame, not a plate?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

:) My OCD wants to kick in with this picture.  I want to straighten the mantle.  lol   Truthfully though, it's coming along very well. 
Candice

coopmj

Ha ha, I really, really want to straighten it, too! 

I thought the cyan cast might be from those lights on the mantle?  I'll adjust that side of the photo and see how it looks.

Thank you!!