• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet Girl

Started by Lynnya, March 14, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Holy Kamoly Lyn!  What a great job so far.  Yeah, like others I kept looking at it and saying to myself, "No way".  So glad you took the leap.  She is precious.

Shadow

Enjoy that beverage ... you are well on your way!

Lynnya

Calling all skin tone experts... struggling along with this image... still a long way to go.. blouse, hair, hand etc.. I'm having trouble with the skin tones.. any help greatly appreciated...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Don't think you are too far off Lynn. I tweaked the blue channel a bit for the RGB numbers. Kiska is the CMYK guru and can probably offer a better solution. Good luck.
A little lagnaippe ...
http://varis.com/2014/04/22/color-correction-4-skin/     
https://www.popphoto.com/news/2007/05/tip-day-skin-tones-numbers

Candice

Better than I could do!  Wonderful work!
Candice

kiska

Did basic levels, curves. I then added a color layer to tone down the magenta in the chin/neck area. I used a good cheek color and gradually built it up.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Kiska... now lets see if I can do that .. and thanks shadow for your tips...

Mshake

Fantastic job and you got some great tips.   :up:
Mike

Lynnya

Thanks Mike I was hoping you'd chip in.. your colors are always good lol.... I used Kiska's flow (same as mine actually) and then the color build up but could not get the same result.. I then when to Shadows link for Asian skin tone numbers which actually turned her into a pumpkin but the tone was somewhat good.. anyhow I did a color layer sampling that color and built up.. still not there yet but need input please..Hannie where are you  :'(

Lynnya

losing it now... :crazy:   the colors are more vibrant on my screen.. like the background etc..

Mshake

I hope you don't mind, I was curious and wanted to see what it looks like if you brightened up the background overall. Then I played with the skin tone. With a color balance layer I added some more yellow in the highlights, midtones, and shadows. (I might have overdone that). I also felt she was a little too bright so I did a levels layer for just her skin tone to add some more contrast, again maybe a tad too much but it gives you an idea of what I was thinking.

I also darkened some of the edges of her hair and along the top of the chair. I personally think that makes her blend better with the background.

Mike

Lynnya

Hi Mike.. no I don't mind at all... always grateful for more input.. I took your advice and lightened the bg some.. it's brighter on my monitor.. I think the images lose a little in translation.. also darkened the chair.. I may tackle the skin again tomorrow.. I've lost the plot for today lol..

jesterjeni

wow! looking awesome- I simply cant wait for the finished product!!!

Lynnya

ok... I've adjusted the cmyk numbers so that magenta and yellow are more the same on her skin..I'm not sure where to go to from here.. any help or comments appreciated..the actual image is more vibrant in reality ..

kiska

On the brightness layer, I painted the forehead out.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro