• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sweet Girl

Started by Lynnya, March 14, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

I've been looking at this image for a while and avoiding it... I caved in - she's so sweet.  I did a selected color correction and will tweak again later.. comments on skin tones etc welcome ..also.. do you think the white pompom looking things on each side of here head are damage? I'm leaning that way ...but they do wear pompoms quite a bit... what say you...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Bambi

:up: Skin ones look good for now. So glad you're working on this one.

Shadow

I'm with Bambi ... so glad you are working on this one. Color looks good so far. Now that you mention it, they do wears those little pom pom pins. Maybe Margie can find out? Or, you can do whatever looks best to you?

coopmj

I'd love to know your workflow on this.  Please post often as you go--good luck!

Mary

Mshake

Yeah, I've been looking at that one too. I decided to pass on it, I'm not as brave as you.

Skin tones and the overall color looks good to me too.

I have no idea on the pom pom, I would have thought it was damage if you didn't point that out.

I'm going to follow this one too to see what magic you can do here.

Mike
Mike

kiska

I think the pompoms are hair clips to hold the hair away from the face.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks guys for input.. always valuable.. So, I have a plan.. the background is shot so my first thing will be to reconstruct the background.  I'll try to match the colors underneath and keep the original next to it to constantly match.  I'll do this on an empty layer and when done will add noise, blur a tad, pixelate/mosiac a tad (these are technical terms by the way) - and sometimes if it looks fake I'll add another layer of texture with a soft light blend mode and reduce the opacity to nearly nothing for a realistic portrait background.  Then I'll start on the chair  :cool: wish me luck please gang...

jesterjeni

the hair may be something like this-boy you know how to pick them!

Lynnya

Hi Jeni... yes something similar I think.. I think she might have poms on each side and her hair is very fine and thin... it'll be a challenge for sure... she has little fringey bangs as well... thanks for input  :up:

jesterjeni

I will definitely be   watching for your progress!!

Lynnya

OK... I really don't like posting half done work but here goes...

The background consists of blank layer with lots of clipping masks for that construction only... added noise etc and added a free background texture in soft light.. also created a new layer with 50% gray soft light blend mode and rendered a light source behind her and to the right.. not too much.

The chair is on a sep. layer .. just guessing what it looks like.. I know it's got some pink in the back.. blurred it some, changed the color and darkened it some and created a shadow behind her with clipping mask on the chair layer only..still lots to do in terms of shadows etc but now I'll start on dress maybe..
comments and critiques always welcome..

jesterjeni

woowsers!! beautiful so far!!!

Lynnya

Thanks Jeni... I'm really lovin doing it  :loveit:

Lynnya

quitting  for  the day.....out for a beverage  :P

Candice

You're doing a wonderful job!
Candice