• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Formal

Started by Shadow, March 08, 2018, 09:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Back with a new one. Looks like they were all decked out for a good time. Did a Curves Adj. Seems a little yellowish but the numbers are good. Any comments or thoughts? Thanks gang.

Lynnya

Hi Lyn..Can't get to my big screen  :'( looks a tinsy bit yellowish on my phone too...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

Hope you can read it... also colored the yellow shirts.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

:wnw:  Thank you Kiska!!  Here's the newest WIP. Really slow going on these confounded spots!  :D

Lynnya

Looks wonderful Lyn! :up: :up:

jesterjeni

Marydh

I feel your pain Shadow but looks great so far.

Mhayes

Shadow, this should keep you off the streets for awhile. I was struck how pretty the mold spots were around the bottom of her dress. I'm assuming mold, you don't think there was glitter on the gown?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hmm... glitter.... what a good idea... :cool:

Hannie

Yeah, bring back the glitter!   ;)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Calling on all the gang please.  :wow: Bambi is wondering what happened to her pic  :(
Think the glitter is back on the bottom of the dress if you agree?
Any suggestions for the man on the left? Can't get his britches to look right. And while I'm pleading for your wisdom and tips  ::) ... how would you approach the blue staining or whatever that is on the bottom between the woman and man on the right and on the big wicker thing behind the man on the left? Am thinking the blue tint on the woman's dress is reflection but will go with whatever the consensus here on the OPR-desperate-for-help line is.  Heaps of thanks all!!
Click on this for full size jpg.

Mshake

You've done a great job on it so far. On the man's pants on the left. maybe you could make a selection of the other man's pants and copy it onto a separate layer. The flip it horizontally and move it over. Warp and transform it to fit. You can use a hue saturation layer clipped to it and try clicking the colorizng button it to match the blue color. You may have to do some dodge and burn too.

Looking at the original I think the blue in her dress is just shadows. Just use a hue saturation layer and drop that little finger tool on the blue and desaturate it then mask it to just her dress.

I would probably just remove that wicker thing behind the man on the left.

Mike
Mike

Mhayes

QuoteI would probably just remove that wicker thing behind the man on the left.

Mike, I disagree as it is in the photo and is not heavily damaged and the photo is balanced with the two. We try to restore if possible and maybe if you were "retouching" you might decide what you want to add or subtract.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

it would be hard to make it look natural- will be interesting to see what you come up with
the guy is at a weird angle

Mshake

Margie, I didn't mean for her to remove the feather looking things in the background at all. I was just talking about the wicker part that is mostly hidden behind his legs and what looks to me to be mostly in shadows. It's just a small insignificant part of the image. The entire top of the photo Shadow did a great job on.

Mike
Mike